It seems more like winter now in Michigan but technically it’s still Fall and we’re getting ready for Thanksgiving! We have this blog ready to help everyone have the most prepared and easy going Thanksgiving that you’ve ever had! This way we can feel prepared for Black Friday shopping without any stress from the previous day.
We’re hoping to help you have a very relaxing holiday and we’ve made a couple lists for you!
Ideas for an organized Thanksgiving:
- Do as much delegating as possible. Everyone brings a dish. Your family can help clean. You can put someone in charge of decorations. There’s something for everyone and you don’t need to do it all yourself.
- Have a list of all the dishes and who’s bringing what. Creates less confusion for you and serves as a reminder that everything is taken care of. Also, this will make grocery shopping easier.
- Do as much as you can prior to Thanksgiving Day. Get everything ready that all you have to put the turkey in the oven and wait!
- Have your black Friday planned so that you can discuss that as well and have a game plan. If you have this ready then you don’t have to worry about trying to plan that during the Thanksgiving festivities.
- Have your conversation starters ready so that you’re not anxious beforehand and also so that you’re not stressed in the moment. (see below).
Thanksgiving Conversation Starters:
- What will we do with all the leftover turkey?
- What’s your favorite Thanksgiving food?
- What’s your least favorite Thanksgiving food?
- What are you MOST thankful for?
- What were your top 5 favorite things that you’ve done in the last month?
- Do you like Black Friday shopping? Anything in particular that you’ll be looking for?
- Is your Christmas shopping done already or are you just getting started?
- What will you be doing for your next vacation?
- What’s one thing you can’t live without?
- What’s your favorite season?
- What’s your favorite dessert?
- What’s your favorite Thanksgiving Tradition?
- Do you like to start Christmas before or after Thanksgiving?
- Did you watch the parade this morning?
- Did you go hunting at all?
Wishing you a very safe and happy Thanksgiving everyone!