Fall is here and times to transition our lives for the season change! We’re putting away summer clothes, getting out the winter clothes, prepping our homes for winter, and setting up holiday décor. It’s time to update your insurance policies as well!
Do you have a vehicle to put in storage or take out of storage? Do you want to add coverage to your vehicles for the winter months? Have you double checked your home insurance coverages to make sure you’re okay in the event of a loss? Have you prepped your home for winter? Do you need to add drivers to your policy? It’s always better to be prepared for the worst so you can have peace of mind if an accident occurs. Call your insurance company to review your policies before winter hits!
If you’re wondering what to do to prep your home for the winter months, we’ve made a quick list for you! This list will vary based on your home but these are just some things to be considering during this time of year.
- Check your heating system.
- Paint, caulk, and seal everything. This is Michigan and you don’t want water, snow, or cold air getting in anywhere.
- Clean your gutters.
- Check smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms.
- Clean chimney and order/chop wood.
- Shut down pools and sprinklers. Drain outdoor faucets.
- Prep lawn, gardens, and trees for winter months.
- Make sure attic is clean and sealed to prevent critters from sneaking in there.
- Prepare for snow. Get the garage cleaned out and the snow blower ready.
- Check your energy usage.